The New Hampshire Writers’ Project serves as a resource for writers, publishers, booksellers, literary agents, educators, librarians, and readers. Need support from our community of writers? Contact us.
Our events and programs include:
- Workshops on a variety of topics, ranging from craft to promotion.
- Writers’ Night Out, a monthly gathering of writers in regions throughout the state.
- The 603 Conference (formerly known as Writers’ Day), the largest writing conference in New Hampshire.
- NH Writers’ Week, a weeklong celebration of the state’s vibrant writing community.
- Summer Teen Writers’ Conference, a weeklong series of classes and workshops for emerging writers.
- Three-Minute Fiction Slam, which challenges writers from across the state to compete in a fun contest with cash and prizes.
- NHWP Write-ins, seasonal, daylong member-only retreats to focus on writing and/or editing.
- Hatbox Theatre Readings, where actors read entertaining selections from “works in progress” by three NHWP authors, with audience feedback.
- Critique Partner Match, which pairs each participant with a fellow writer for peer editing, critique, and commentary.
- NH Literary Calendar, which keeps the public up to date about happenings around the state
- Scholarships to NH high school and college students, including the Charley Allen Faulk Memorial Scholarship
We also honor New Hampshire’s unique literary tradition by hosting the biennial New Hampshire Literary Awards and overseeing the NH Literary Hall of Fame.