Events & Literary Calendar
In addition to meet-ups, workshops, readings, conferences, and socials led by the New Hampshire Writers' Project, the organization maintains a subscribe-able statewide literary calendar. Take a look at the featured events below, then scroll down and explore upcoming literary events in your area. Don't see your event? Submit it below.
NHWP Workshops: The NHWP holds several workshops a quarter for members. They focus on the writing craft, getting published, marketing, and other interests popular with writers. Check our Workshops Page for the latest offerings.
Writers' Night Out: Your chance to meet and mingle with writers in your area. We meet the first Monday of every month in locations across the state. Join us for this informal gathering where you can discuss what you are working on, what you are reading, where you are submitting your work, and more. Several locations feature special events.
Book Club for Writers/Poets: Gather four times a year for informal discussions of classic and contemporary literature or poetry in various locations. Currently offered in Haverhilll, NH and Henniker.
To submit your event to the Literary Calendar, follow these steps:
1. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "CALENDAR SUBMISSION"
2. Compose a summary of your event in this format: "Day of Event, Date of event, Time of event. Town: Title of event in 10 words or less. (Contact person and contact info). Brief description of event. Specific location of the event." For example: "Wednesday, September 25, 7pm-8pm. Bradford: Storyteller and author Rebecca Rule will share some stories. (Bradford Historical Society at 938-5372) Storyteller and author Rebecca Rule will share some stories she has collected about New Hampshire’s history. Bradford Area Community Center."
To add the NHWP Literary Calendar to your personal Google Calendar, follow these steps:
1. When logged into your Google Calendar, scroll down and look at the left hand column. Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
2. Select Add by URL from the menu
3. Right click here and select Copy link location and paste the address in the field provided by your calendar.
4. Click the Add Calendar button. The calendar will now appear in the Other Calendars section of your personal calendar. This will enable you to easily check up on literary events in our state.